Project Management Institute (PMI), being a largest certifying body is popularly known for its PMP certification. But, PMI does offer many other certifications which you can opt to boost your career. Began in early 1980’s, PMI started with PMP credentials since then started adding several certifications to its list.
When you become a member of this renowned institute, you definitely gain benefits of
1) Obtaining access to digital editions of all PMI global standards and the PMP foundation book PMBOK guide
2) Gaining discounted rate on certification exams and renewals
Types of PMI Membership:
Applying to PMI membership program demands no restriction and anyone can apply for it. There are three membership programs available with PMI, you can choose the one that suits you.
1) Individual: Costing $129 plus an additional $10 application fee, with an annual renewal fee of $129. All individuals are entitled to apply for this membership.
2) Student: This membership costs $32 and with a renewal fee of $32, is especially for students to apply for.
3) Retiree: The former PMI members who are now retired can renew their membership by paying $65.
What are the available PMI certifications?
This certifying body PMI, offers several certifications. Let us have a look at the available certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP): This is the most demanding and popular certification of PMI. Project managers who want to boost their career and salary will always look for PMP as their first choice.
For more details about PMP Certification Training please visit: http://in.skillogic.com/pmp-training/
- Program Management Professional (PgMP): This certification is mainly for program managers, who are efficiently handling several major projects simultaneously to achieve organisational results. This certification can make you stand out from the crowd and gives a distinct advantage in promotion.
For Training details please visit: http://in.skillogic.com/pgmp-training/
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP): This certification displays your efficiency in coordinated management of one or more portfolios to achieve strategic objectives.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM): This is an entry level certification ideal for candidates interested in Project management field with a very little knowledge on it.
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA): This certification enables the holder to display expertise in business analysis. It allows you to efficiently work with stakeholders and gain more accurate requirement definition. This bridges the gap and leads to successful business outcomes.
- PMI Agile certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP): Agile principles are getting popular and this certification helps you to get well versed in Agile practices of project management. Also, allows you to learn on how to use the tools and techniques efficiently to arrive at optimum results.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP): Assessing and identifying the project risks effectively can lay a strong foundation for the project. This certification allows the candidates to expertise in this specialised Risk management area.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP): Developing and maintaining project schedules are indeed crucial one. This certification allows the candidates to gain advanced experience and specialisation in this area.
Now that we have discussed on available PMI certifications, if you want to take up a training course to complete a certification, there are many PMI authorised training providers available worldwide. One such renowned training provider is SKILLOGIC™, who have successfully completed 6000 PMP certifications. Call them at 1800-200-9030 to learn more about the courses available with them.