The 21st century is dedicated to an era of technological uproar which has caused everyone to get surrounded by digital equipment. The more technical medium has come into place, the better our lives have become. Nevertheless, with the innovation and expansion of internet-oriented tools, the risk factor has remained consistently high for the breach of data policy.
Since all the significant data is stored in computers, there is a dangerous risk involved of an attack by a third party malware to destroy the relevant documents and extract information to exploit the network, system, or technologies in an organization. Here, the interference of cyber security becomes mandatory to protect the data from getting leaked to other sources. An institution or organization probably cannot move forward if there is no well-established cybersecurity system to protect businesses from data exploitation or internal and external IT threats.
What does it mean by Cyber Security and how does it work?
During the age of the internet, cyber crimes are getting rampant with great vigour that organizations are trying to decipher various methods to minimize the cyber crimes. As per the statistics reported by Statista.com, India witnessed a significant jump in cybercrime cases in 2020 from the previous year. Over 50 thousand cases were registered to a great degree in Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh.
Cybersecurity is a safeguard system to protect networks, programs, data, and information from being attacked by unauthorized digital operators. Generally, cyberattacks are designed in a way to get access to confidential information which can destroy or change data from users. In most cases, cybersecurity uses distinct methodologies and processes to curtail the risks of cyberattacks and illicit access to the system.
Biggest Cyber Attacks in the World
The main purpose of cybersecurity is to provide multiple layers of protection all across the digital wings used by businesses. There should be unity among employees, employers, and technology for the enterprises to work seamlessly together. When all the important entities are synced in one place, these systems will be able to detect, investigate and resolve the potential vulnerabilities before it is exploited by hackers.
Why Cyber Security is significant in modern times?
The internet has opened us up to a multitude of possibilities which is diverse and challenging at times. With cyber security solutions growing faster than ever before, the hacking world is also strengthening at a similar force. You can read “All About Ethical Hacking“
It is vital in a world where cybercriminals and their relentless attacks are getting unparalleled. Just like the earth needs an ozone layer as a shield to protect the planet from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, cyber security acts as a screen guard against the evil forces.
Some of the common cyber-attacks are as follows:-
- Malware: A hacker uses a file or program for example spyware, virus, to cause harm to a device and use it for illegal activities.
- Social Engineering: A process to get into a company’s security procedures to reveal passwords or login ids.
- Phishing: It is a type of activity where the user receives mail that resembles a trusted source. The person intends to steal personal details.
- Ransomware: It locks a user’s computer system usually by encrypting it and demands payment to unlock it.
Here are the top 3 reasons why Cyber Security is important in modern times
1. Cybercrimes are so pervasive to a degree that anyone who surfs the internet is prone to get into the attacker’s cobweb.
2. Despite people being aware of the security threats via emails, most of them click on the spam links unknowingly and it gets installed on the computers.
3. Data breaches can damage the reputation of the company and financial outlay which is an integral part to retain stakeholders’ trust.
What are the three main types of Cyber Security?
Cloud Security: It is the process of protecting data stored online through cloud computing platforms. When we say cloud computing, it is a system of keeping large files on a remote database. Since it has access to the web, the risk rate is relatively high. Different types of cloud security include Firewalls, Tokenization, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and Penetration Testing.
Network Security: Network security is designed to protect the usability of networks and data which include both hardware and software technologies. Common types of network security include Antispyware Programs, Firewalls, Antivirus, etc.
Application Security: It protects the data we store on applications from getting hijacked. Since applications are more obtainable over networks, they are more prone to cyber-attacks.
Who is a Cyber Security Expert?
The Cyber Security expert is a watchdog in the digital era. He engages in preserving the security of networks and data of the various organizations.
One of the prominent responsibilities of a cyber security expert is to keep a tab on the systems employed by business organizations and report any loopholes to prevent future threats.
Is Cyber Security a good choice of career?
Cyber security is a great career to enter in the present time. The employment of information security analysts will witness a growth of 31% from 2019 to 2029, according to the US. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The cyber security field offers a plethora of opportunities from finance and healthcare to entertainment and retail industries, that face cyber security challenges.
Cyber Security Job Roles:-
Below are some of the cyber security job roles which are pertinent in the present scenario:
- Security Architect: It is a senior-level position that is responsible for carrying out planning, implementing, and testing security systems. Considering it as a senior-level job role, intensive training with certification is required to get into this level.
- Security Consultant: A senior consultant is a tech-savvy person in an organization who protects the data and analyzes the systems in all fields. They determine the tests and protect the data, computer, or network.
- Penetration Tester: These people are involved in finding the weaknesses or loopholes in the system hackers can use. This job position is also known as Ethical Hacker. They also document the findings which will be beneficial in the future.
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): It is an advanced-level job position that requires a team of security professionals. They have the power to create security measures that demand collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Cryptographer: The cryptographers are responsible for writing a code that hackers cannot crack. It is especially for those who are code freaks.
- Security Analysts: Their responsibility is to execute various security measures. It is an entry-level job that mainly requires someone who can analyze and document the cyber risks in different areas.
- Security Engineer: They are in charge of rebuilding the security level in an organization by making necessary arrangements. A security engineer is an entry-level job position.
Salary for a Cyber Security Expert – The average salary of a Cyber Security Expert in the United States is $109,243 per year, in Europe, it’s €30,000 and finally in India is 13,75,646/yr, according to Glassdoor.com.
How to learn Cyber Security Program in 2022?
As it can be seen, the demand for cyber security doesn’t seem to slow down which is why in a short period, it has topped the charts for the most fulfilling and rewarding jobs of the 21st century. To learn Cyber Security Program, there are important aspects which are to be taken into consideration
Cyber Security Expert Qualification:
A relevant degree in computer science, engineering or IT is a must to understand the concepts quickly.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, python, java, etc.
- Two years of experience in cyber security duties
Skills for a Cyber Security Expert:
- Technical Aptitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
What are the certifications available in cyber security?
Many cyber security certifications mainly focus on network and data protection at different levels. However, such courses explore a wide range of digital forensics, cryptographic techniques, designs for network perimeter defences, etc. There are many certification providers such as Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Information System Security Professionals (CISSP), etc., but the best international certification providers are EC-Council, CompTIA and IIFIS which are accredited to SKILLOGIC.
What is the duration of Cyber Security Certification Courses?
Generally, the cyber security certification training varies from 1 month to 2 years. But there are institutes in India like SKILLOGIC which provides the overall course for 3-months. If you are looking for a program that gives high benefits in less time, sign up for the SKILLOGIC Cyber Security Training.
What will be the Cyber Security Certification Training Cost?
- In the USA, top universities offering cyber security programs range from $30,800/- to $119,000/- On the other hand, in India, course fee ranges from INR 20,000/- to INR 2,00000/-
- European countries offer the course for €2,006 for their students and €15,166 for international students.
- SKILLOGIC Cyber security training centre offers a cost-effective program for INR.60,000/- which is tailored for all the students as well as working professionals.
Cyber Security is the end-to-end solution for all the major cyber-attacks which looks brighter if used effectively. If we are adding more security professionals into organizations, we can hope for a crime free-world in the future.