Today’s competitive environment demands us to work in a most challenging environment and for that, it is really essential that we stay updated by attending learning sessions. One such hot topic that is making the rounds in the Lean-Agile field is Scaled Agile Framework or SAFe®.
First, let’s see ‘How Scaled Agile Framework® came into existence?‘ before diving into the available certifications.
While the Agile framework was booming and many companies started switching to it, still they lacked in proving excellent results and ended up turning back to non-agile practices.
Why? The main reason behind Agile getting tarnished is the utilization of inexperienced resources to implement Agile practices. This is where SAFe® plays its role, a clear way to scale Agile structures that actually work well in the larger context of the enterprise. And now, incorporating SAFe® has been the highest priority on the list of those organizations that are planning to utilize Agile practices.
This brief history of SAFe® would have helped you to understand why SAFe® is becoming popular today.
Now, let’s see what SAFe® is all about
What is SAFe® Agile?
SAFe®, Scaled Agile Framework®, is a widely used framework which talks about three essential factors and they are Agile development, Lean product development, and Systems thinking. Being widely popularised in Software development, Agile is an iterative approach for rapid software delivery. Lean, as all know, encourages on reducing the wastage and to bring quality on to the customer’s table. The next popular buzzword, Systems thinking, insists on optimizing a system as a whole not as a component. Yes, when we keep focusing only on local optimization and ignore the global impact, we are only prone to create more problems for the future.
The bundling of the above three concepts, Systems thinking, Agile development and Lean product development is Scaled Agile Framework®. They act as foundational bodies of knowledge and helps in developing a leaner, smarter enterprise that can better navigate organization and solution development complexities which in turn results in better business outcomes.
Who can do Leading SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification?
There is no restriction for any professional from a particular domain only can choose SAFe® Agilist Certification. Interested Professionals from different domains can take up this certification irrespective of experience.
In particular, professionals from IT systems related to software and technology, irrespective of their role and whichever be their domain can take up SAFe® Agilist Certification to enhance their career growth.
You are a programmer, developer, Scrum master, Quality, program manager or a portfolio manager, any role that you assume in your office, SAFe® Agilist Certification can help you with a better Lean-Agile career.
Why SAFe® is interesting to learn?
Professionals often feel that SAFe® is interesting to learn because of its leading framework. This framework act as a foundational platform for scaling Agile across the enterprise. It is indeed a well-loved and popular resource for large enterprise companies whose teams share interdependencies.
Have a peek at the Framework diagram and you will understand why it is interesting to learn.
When we have look at its Framework diagram, the bottom layer talks about Team and Technical Agility withholding Scrum, Kanban and XP and its iterative ability. The second layer talks about continuous delivery which has an Agile Release train along with DevOps. The third layer talks about large solution level where more than one Agile release trains are combined together to deliver a massive solution. The topmost later talks about Lean portfolio management which covers strategic decision making.
SAFe® addresses the challenges that arise while an organization is scaling agile. In fact, Over 70% of US Fortune 100 enterprises have been continuously delivering value on a regular and predictable schedule by employing Certified SAFe® professionals.
Know more about Leading SAFe® Certification
A two-day course that equips the participants with the essential knowledge and confidence to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging this popular Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles grasped from Lean, Agile development, systems thinking, product development flow, and DevOps. In addition, five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise are also discussed here. Participants also get the opportunity to learn and practice their skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs) at ease.
Being equipped with the Lean-Agile mindset, you will be able to effectively see why SAFe®is essential for today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation.
- Gain strong knowledge on how to build and support Agile teams and programs
- Empower base on Lean Portfolio
- Build what it is needed in today’s market condition- Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture.
- Effectively Coordinate large solutions.
Developing this most in-demand skillset worldwide will allow you to succeed in a personal career as well as empower your enterprise. Become certified as SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) after passing your certifying exam with full confidence.
What are the Learning Goals of Leading SAFe®?
To effectively perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, candidates should have a thorough knowledge of
- Essential Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Transform into a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Develop a Lean-Agile Mindset and Apply its values and principles
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles effectively to the roles and practices of SAFe®
- Develop high-performing teams by establishing their mission and purpose
- With the help of SAFe® Implementation Roadmap, Lead the transformation at ease.
- Successful Program execution by supporting PI Planning and the events associated with it
- Establish Continuous Delivery Pipeline and Drive Release on Demand
- Establish alignment and execution by using Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
What are the Topics Covered in Leading SAFe® course?
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- How to become a Lean-Agile Leader
- How to establish Team and Technical Agility
- How to build effective Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- How to implement the Lean Portfolio Management strongly
- How to lead the transformation at ease
What do candidates get by attending Leading SAFe® course?
- This Leading SAFe®course comes with Workbook to practice what you learn.
- In-depth Preparation and gaining eligibility to appear for the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate on completion
- Participants should attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the certifying exam
Which professionals can benefit the most out of Leading SAFe® certification?
The following professionals can reap the most out of Leading SAFe® certification
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Executives and Leaders, Directors, Managers, CIOs, and VPs
- Product and Product Line Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers, Process Leads and PMO
What are the prerequisites for taking up Leading SAFe® certification?
Any professional irrespective of his/her experience is warmly welcomed to take up this course.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those candidates who want to appear for the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- Experience in Scrum
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, business analysis, testing, product, or project management
What is the SAFe® Certification Kit?
After you successfully pass the certifying exam, you will receive the following benefits
- A stamp of excellence, your SAFe® Agilist certificate
- SAFe® Agilist certification marks with usage guide
- A SAFe® 4 Agilist digital badge that allows you to demonstrate your knowledge online.
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Agilist comes with free access to the SA Community of Practice
- Access to a myriad of learning resources to support the certified professionals in their SAFe® journey.
How much is the Annual Renewal of Leading SAFe® certification?
Participants need to keep in mind that the Certification will expire in one year from the date it has been earned. There is a Renewal fee of $100 after one year.
What will be the exam pattern of Leading SAFe® certification?
SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam is Web-based multiple-choice questions and follows a closed book pattern. The Number of Questions to be attended is 45. Upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course, Candidates are allowed to access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform.
What is the duration of the exam of Leading SAFe® certification?
Once the exam begins, participants have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete their exam
What is the Passing Score of Leading SAFe® certification?
The passing score is 75%, you need to hold 35 right answers out of 45 questions given.
Why SKILLOGIC® for your Leading SAFe® certification?
SKILLOGIC® is a renowned training provider worldwide, helping professionals to develop knowledge on the latest certifications and bridge their skill gap. It is essential to choose a high-quality institute for Leading SAFe® Agilist Certification to better demonstrate your sound knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context.
SKILLOGIC® Leading SAFe® Agilist Certification will allow you to dive deep into concepts of SAFe Framework & SAFe Agilist and get recognized in the present corporate world and further advance in your career since we deliver high-value training through case study based methodology and practical approaches. Authorized by the accreditation body Scaled Agile, Inc., SKILLOGIC® training is a two days full-fledged classroom training that involving participants to gain practical knowledge with role plays, workshops, games, case studies & simulations.
The Scaled Agile Framework is a proven and highly recommended knowledge base that is used to scale the agile and lean development practices in enterprises fruitfully. Aspiring candidates can easily develop a most necessary and in-demand skillset to empower in a disruptive Job marketplace by completing your Leading SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification.